Photobucket

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What kind of world?

I have not spoken much to anyone about the death of Michael.Jackson. Though today during the kids' lunch & nap times I did have his memorial service on FOX.News and I must say that it was an amazing service to watch, though sad.

The thing that caught my ear first was the many times that he was ALMOST compared to God. Do not get me wrong, I know that MJ is a legend of his own right when it comes to Pop...and there are even a few songs that I enjoy, but he was a man.

The other thing has nothing to do with MJ himself, just the sad world that we live in. There were two different times (I didn't watch the entire service so there could have been more) that people speaking of Christian faith had to ask for a pardon, so to speak. The first one that I noticed was when Representative Sheila.Jackson.Lee went to compare Jackson to the New Testament parable of the Good Samaritan. Before speaking of the parable, she made a statement along the lines of, 'I recognize that there are many of you from many different religions here and we in America respect that,' and the second came at the end when the pastor, Lucious.Smith got up to end the service with a prayer. Just before the prayer he felt the need to say, "If you are so inclined to do so, please bow your heads with me."

Why is it that we need to ask people to forgive us or turn a cheek to the fact that there are still some people that want to worship and serve the very God that created this world and our very being?

But lastly I want to point out his daughter Paris, she spoke briefly toward the end of the service and made a comment about since she was born that he had been the very best and she loves her Daddy very much. I had never thought of MJ in the 'Daddy' role before...he had come to mind as many different things, but not as a father. But he was, and his children do love him very much. Maybe the labels that he acquired over the years where a little harsh, or maybe they were deserved....but at the end of the day, he was Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment