Photobucket

Monday, August 10, 2009

Seven Years

*So you may not think this to be a normal Anniversary post...and you may not even like it...but you don't have to read it if you do not want to!*

So today is our anniversary, EXCITING I know. But the thing is that it wasn't all that exciting or for that matter grand. Not because we aren't OKAY or anything, just because the last year has been so upside down.

You see when you are married to a person for seven year, you all of a sudden do not just figure them out...no, quite opposite actually. Just when you have them figured out they go and change. Sometimes it is a good change that the Holy Spirit has been working and sometimes it isn't such a great change that happens because, well because you have been stomped on too many times and you aren't going to let it happen again.

Enter where I am...I have struggles that are medically fairly difficult to cope with emotionally anyway (thank you extreme PCOS) but throw the junk that we have been through in our face and it is melt down. I don't even know who I am any more. The things I used to love I despise and the things I used to want do not matter any more. This makes it difficult to plan...

I am not gonna lie, the hurts that have come from the church *family* that we have been a part of over the course of our seven years have about killed me...I was once a VERY trusting person and now have a very difficult time buying one word from anyone! Face value seems to mean nothing to anyone any more, and when you {Jason & myself} are who we are no matter what it seems to cause troubles. You see folks just because we do not hang our heads on the ground and mope around because the cards delt to us stink (and we have had some stinky hands handed out) doens't mean that we are okay...doesn't mean that you can take more...and doesn't mean that we are going to just keep going with no trouble.

No that is not the case. I am a real person and I have no shame in hiding who we are. I just ask the courtesy from you that you PLEASE be honest with us and that you PLEASE take us into consideration when making plans that involve us.

So, after seven years we may not have celebrated in a fancy fairy tale manor (we don't have money in our checking account so we couldn't have if we wanted to!) but we do know that while we have seven years under our belt...we have many more to come because we are there for each other. God was too good to us when he put us together...we have the same ideals (mostly, mine include some things that most people never could afford~my poor husband still puts up with me) we have the same beliefs...we both try VERY hard to be who we are and nothing less...we both want to love each other for the rest of our earthly life.

God has plans for my husband...great plans, and I do pray that those plans unfold quickly...because the faster they unfold the faster we can get on to His service! Thank you for the seven years together honey...they have been a rollercoaster, but at the end of the day we are together whether it be at the top just about to fall or at the bottom making the climb...we are side by side and that makes the world a better place!

For those of you that are reading this and feeling something...you need to know that this isn't written with names or faces in mind, but if you are reading it and feeling like you are sinking a little lower in your seat...maybe you have some things that you need to deal with...just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment