Photobucket

Monday, October 12, 2009

Weekend to Remember

So this past weekend my husband and I were able to attend our first ever Weekend.To.Remember! Let me tell you, anyone that has not done this before SHOULD do it right away! We had three speakers at the conference: Greg.Speck, and Doug&Patti.Daily...each of them were great speakers and really brought out some serious issues in marriage and how to achieve oneness...no matter what stage of your marriage you are in!

They break the conference into 10 sessions, 9 or them are spent together as a couple and session 8 is broken into one session for men and another for women. This is mostly based around how to have a godly relationship with your spouse, but it does offer up ideas for parenting as well (very few in comparison to the marriage.) The best thing about it is that it is all about 'owning YOUR stuff!' So if you do choose to go to one please know you are not going to go and get your spouse fixed up and you will just sit their while THEY change...

My husband and I went with a very good attitude, in fact on the way there it was a longer trip than expected due to bad weather and I told him, "I am kind of nervous" He asked why and I told him, "because I am going to find out all the things I am doing wrong." You know what, I did see many areas I needed to improve...but it is presented in such a none offensive way that I walked away actually thinking I had a chance! We are excited to work on the things that we recognized as needing attention and we look forward to what God has in store for us in the future!

This is definitely something that we will do again sometime...as a 'refresher' course. I once heard someone say that we spend months and months preparing for our wedding day, but very few hours actually preparing for marriage. This Weekend.To.Remember is just that, helping you get the tools that you need to make your marriage a success!

Check one out! We had people from every stage of wedded bliss there...some engaged couples, a newly married (as in THAT day), some that had been married for a matter of weeks, and some that were married as long as 38 years! There were also happily married couples there, along with couples that came as a last resort before divorce! So really...no matter where your marriage falls, it is for YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment