Photobucket

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Music

I know I have been talking alot about music lately, but seriously....what better way to prepare your heart for God than with some good music full of scripturally based words?!?!?  I LOVE music and have music going most of the day (when MickyMouseClubhouse and HandyManny are over.)  It is so much fun to see all the little Pumpkins Running around the house singing and dancing to praise and worship music. 

One day I do hope to be serving our Lord full time again...whatever capacity that may be I know music will go with us!  I was thinking the other day about what happened if we were to loose our CD collection...it is full of so many different types of CDs from very traditional hymns to more comtemporary and some Southern Gospel thrown in there.  I am thankful for music and all that it does for a person...it really can take you up or down, so what kind of music do you choose?  Right now I hearing, "Cuz Jesus I am so in love with You" sung...hopefully that can be sung out of the depths of my heart every single day!  And right on to "We fall down and lay our crowns at the feet of Jesus."  WOW!  Just start really listening to the music you have in your home and if like me, it is for extra noise to drown out the REAL noise...re-evaluate, even if you are not paying attention the little ears in your home are and we have decided to play 99% Christian music (I do still have to keep a few of my sappy love songs around for the times when I might need a reminder for how much I love my hubby ~not because of him, but because I usually need an attitude adjustment! ;-) 

Anyway, just a random thought that popped into my head after hearing my 3 year old daughter as she was cleaning up singing along to "Rock of Ages." 

Something along this line is the favorite songs of my kiddos...right now the Princess is loving "Every Move I Make" commonly known as "The WOOHOO Song" in our house...."Every move I make I make in you you make me move Jesus...every step I take I take in you you are my way WOOHOO" 

My BooBear loves "Today is the Day" and can sing the entire thing without music (when he wants to...he is three ya know!)  In the mornings it is common to hear him sitting in his bed bursting at the top of his lungs "TODAY IS THE DAY YOU HAVE MADE I WILL REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT  OhOhOh OhOhOh" 

Before we moved here I cared for a little 3 year old boy that ran around singing "Man, I feel like a woman" and that was before we had our own kids.  But at that point I realized that it really is about what you as parents put into your kids' brains that helps mold them to be who they will be...and I would love for all of my children to grow up loving God and serving Him too! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment