Photobucket

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

So today is my birthday...

And Birthdays are a BIG deal to me. I went to sleep last night at 12:01, so it was my birthday then....this made me happy, to be able to enjoy it from the very first minute! There were already several warm wishes on my Face.book at that point (since we are an hour later than many of my friends!) and then I was able to wake up to so many more. Many of them I haven't really communicated with much lately...and I don't know their spouses or how many children they have, but the fact that they took a few seconds to come to my profile page and post on my wall means something! It made me feel special. Now all the daycare kiddos are taking a nap (not normal for this time of day, but I will take it on my birthday to have a few extra minutes to myself!)

But I have been thinking, why is it that Birthdays mean so much to me? So many people wish that they didn't have to get older, thus wishing away birthdays. If it were up to me your birthday should be an automatic day off....to celebrate. I am 26 years young today (I know, just a baby) and proud of that fact! With each special day I look forward to the next one that much more! My husband (not-so-much a romantic) has been working extra hard to make this one special THANK YOU HONEY! I received my birthday gift on the 13th (because there was no place to hide it!) and then least night he brought home a dozen red roses because if he waited until today after he got off work they would be late! Tonight we are going out for supper.

So to get back to the question, why Birthdays mean so much to me. It is a day that should automatically have something special planned with special people in your life. It could be just your immediate family or an all out birthday bash with your friends...either way you get to be around special people. Tonight, it seems that we are just going to be us. Handsome, Princess, Boo, and myself ~ but this Mommy is great with that...because 3 years ago on my birthday it seemed that it would never be more than Handsome and myself! Princess & Boo are so special to me and I never want to take them for granted, NOT.ONE.DAY!

So, to any of you out there who are lucky enough to share a birthday HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

I know there are a few, and I know of at least 2 wedding anniversaries....what a wonderful day it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment