Photobucket

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

To 'House' Jesus

Last night while praying with our children, something came out of my daughters mouth that hit me like a ton of bricks! We have been praying for God to bring us a baby brother and/or sister, a friend to find a job, another friend to be able to overcome his cancer and his wife while going through the process, and several other things. We always pray for different people to accept Christ as their savior, two of them being our 2 1/2 year old son & daughter. The way we pray with them at this point is that Daddy says a sentence or a few words and then they repeat after him. It is always interesting to see what words they pick and choose to say, or change completely. Well last night one of the words that Princess subbed for one of her Daddy's seemed very fitting, and it challenged me!

My husband prayed for several people and Princess (daughter) and Boo (son) to 'accept Jesus soon'. Somehow Princess translated that into 'house Jesus soon.' This may not mean much to you all, but to me this was almost convicting. Life has thrown so many curve balls at us in the past 3 years, and while I have accepted Jesus and TRY to live for Him daily....do I always house Him in my life? The easy answer would be to say, "YES!" But if you really look back at what the Lord has brought you through in the past have you in each situation made it a point to keep Him #1 all the way through?

I know I have much work to do with this! Oh what we can learn from the little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment